• Facebook Social Icon
  • Twitter Social Icon
  • Google+ Social Icon
  • YouTube Social  Icon
  • Pinterest Social Icon
  • Instagram Social Icon

© 2016 -2017 Bolton Rise & Rise up media production

Follow & Share 

    Like what you read? Donate now and help us keep provide fresh news, investigations and Truths in Bolton.

Please reload

Search By Tags
Follow Bolton RISE!
Who's Behind This Story
Recommended Reading
  • Facebook - Black Circle
  • Twitter - Black Circle
  • Google+ - Black Circle
  • YouTube - Black Circle
  • Pinterest - Black Circle
  • Instagram - Black Circle
Meet our Team
Support us

Manchester says NO to Trumps Muslim ban

January 30, 2017

Over a Thousand protesters have taken to the streets of Manchester to protest over Donald Trumps controversial ban on Muslims.

  Photography by Philip Malone 

 

US President Donald Trump used an executive order on Friday to make changes to US immigration policies. The order means visitors from a range of countries including Iraq, Iran, Syria and Yemen will not be granted access to the USA.

 

The US president claims the decision has been made to keep out terrorist but it has angered people around the world. 

 

 

 The protest which was arranged via social media and took place at Albert square in Manchester was attended by a number of campaign groups and individuals from across the Greater Manchester region. 

 

One of the protesters said "This is nothing to do with Trump keeping terrorists out of the country, It is an attack on the Muslim people. He set out with the intentions to discriminate against Muslims before the elections and now is is staying true to his word. Its is an outright Islamophobic attack." 

   Photography by Philip Malone

 

The noisy crowd chanted to the beat of drums and blew whistles whilst marching across Manchester city center with Banners and Placards displaying anti-Islamophobic messages. Many were calling for a Ban of Donald trump from coming to the UK. 

 

PM Theresa May invited Donald Trump on a state visit to the UK last week she has since come under pressure to withdraw the invitation, She has so far rejected the calls. The visit is expected to take place later this year.

      Photography by Philip Malone

 

Tags: Test article

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Please reload